Ethical Lawyer When you hire a lawyer, they never stop responding to your letters or calls. Ethical lawyers don’t want you to worry that they have stopped working on your case. The Law Offices of Eugene Ahtirski has built it’s reputation on its ability to communicate to its clients.
Your lawyer first receives your settlement check, who then passes the check onto you. Ethical lawyers always tell you that your check has arrived. The Law Offices of Eugene Ahtirski demonstrate “best business practices” year ’round.
Your lawyer settles your case WITH your permission. The fee agreement clearly states the attorney to do so. The Law Offices of Eugene Ahtirski make sure the fee agreement says so.
Ethical attorneys always tell the truth to their client. If the attorney has missed a legal deadline, the attorney tells this to the client. The Law Offices of Eugene Ahtirski have safeguards in place to make sure this doesn’t happen in the first place. The Law Offices of Eugene Ahtirski takes pride in its transparency.
“Your lawyer should:
- Act ethically and abide by the Rules of Professional Conduct and the California Business & Professions Code. (To see the Rules of Professional Conduct, visit the State Bar website at www.calbar.ca.gov.)
- Represent you zealously and use all lawful and ethical means to present or defend your case.
- Not reveal anything you tell him or her in confidence. There are some exceptions to this rule in, for example, certain life-threatening situations.
- Allow you to make the final decisions regarding how your case will be handled.
- Exercise independent professional judgment on your behalf.
- Keep you updated on your case
Examples of Ethical Lawyer Behavior